World Nursery Rhyme Week is fast approaching and we are delighted to confirm that our EYFS classes will be taking part. The initiative, which was launched in 2013, promotes the importance of nursery rhymes in early childhood development and education with a particular focus on how nursery rhymes boost early language and literacy skills.
We will be taking part in the worldwide ‘Rhyme A Day Challenge’ and have a number of fantastic learning activities planned throughout the week based upon the following rhymes:
- Monday 16th November: ‘The Wheels On The Bus’.
- Tuesday 17th November: ‘Five Little Speckled Frogs’.
- Wednesday 18th November: ‘Hickory Dickory Dock’.
- Thursday 19th November: ‘Old MacDonald Had A Farm’.
- Friday 20th November: ‘Miss Polly Had A Dolly’.
Reciting nursery rhymes is a wonderful activity you can enjoy doing together at home and all of the resources are available for you to download. You can access all of the free resources at: www.worldnurseryrhymeweek.com
You don’t have to be young to say a nursery rhyme – how many of the above do you remember?