Governors Information and Duties
Instrument of Governance
- The name of the school is Thatto Heath Community Primary School
- The school is a Local Authority school.
- The name of the governing body is “The Governing Body of Thatto Heath Primary School”
- The governing body shall consist of:
- Three Parent Governors
- One LA Governor
- One Staff Governors
- One Headteacher Governor.
- Six Co-opted Governors
- One Associate Members
Total number of Governors 13
- The Term of Office for all Governors is Four Years
- The Instrument of Governors comes into effect on 1st September 2019
- This Instrument was made by order of St. Helens Local Authority on 1st September 2019
- A copy of this Instrument to be supplied to every member of the Governing Body
List of Governors
|Headteacher Governor||Mrs. Catherine Ireland|
|LEA Governor||Pat Ireland|
|Staff Governor||Mrs. Jackie Anders|
|Parent Governors||Mrs. Joanne Murphy|
|Co-opted Governors||Mr. Martin Cox|
|Miss. Julia Hamlin|
|Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|Mr. Michael Denning|
|Mrs. Karen Hamilton|
|Associate Governor||Mrs. Louise McCallion|
Governing Body Structure, Remit and Information
What do Governor's Do?
- setting the school’s vision and aims
- establishing & maintaining the school’s ethos
- setting the school’s plans and policies
- monitoring and evaluating school performance
- agreeing budgets, policies and objectives and making sure these are met
Meetings of the full governing body are held at least once a term, normally in an evening, with governors normally giving up around 6-8 hours per month. Governors can also sit on some of the committees that look at things like finance, curriculum, staffing and premises. Occasionally, being a governor can be hard work. There may sometimes be a lot of papers to read, meetings to attend and, sometimes, difficult decisions to be made.
Governor Impact Statement 2016-2017
Governing Body 2019-2020
Associate Governors are not counted as Governors for Quorum or Voting at Full Governor Body Meetings but may vote at Committee Meetings.
Governor Attendance 2020-2021
Committee A - Members, Remit and Meeting Attendance 2019-2020
Committee A Remit:
Quorum: 3 Governors – Chair is elected annually at first committee meeting
- Salaries and Conditions
- Budgeting Implications
- Health & Safety
- Mrs. Catherine Ireland
- Mr. Anthony Tucker
- Pat Ireland
- Mrs. Jackie Anders
- Mr. Phillip Ingham – Chair of Committee A
- Mrs. Louise McCallion (Deputy Headteacher / Associate Governor)
- Mr. Michael Denning
Committee A Meeting Attendance 2019-2020
Committee B - Members, Remit and Meeting Attendance 2019-2020
Committee B Remit:
Quorum: 3 Governors – Chair is elected at first committee meeting
- Scrutiny of pupils’ work
- Staff presentations
- Discussions with staff and observations
- Visits to the school and events
- Being invited to meetings with representatives from companies being used to source resources
- Mrs. Catherine Ireland
- Miss. Julia Hamlin
- Ms. Karen Hamilton
- Mrs. Pat Ireland
- Mr. Anthony Tucker – Chair of Committee B
- Mr. Martin Cox
- Sarah Kelly
- Rev. D Moneme
- Mrs. Louise McCallion (Deputy Head teacher / Associate Governor)
- Joanne Murphy
Committee B Meeting Attendance 2019-2020
|Rev. D Moneme||Y|
Link Governor Roles
|Inclusion – SEN||Ms. Karen Hamilton|
|Greater Depth||Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|Safeguarding/LAC/Child Protection||Mrs. Pat Ireland|
|Attendance||Ms. Karen Hamilton, Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|EYFS||Mr. Martin Cox, Mrs. Joanne Murphy|
|History||Mr. Martin Cox|
|RE||Rev. D. Moneme|
|Pupil and Staff Well Being||Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|English – Reading||Mr. Anthony Tucker, Mrs.Pat Ireland|
|Mathematics||Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|Computer Science/E-Safety||Mr. Phillip Ingham, Mrs. Pat Ireland|
|Geography||Mr. Martin Cox|
|Science||Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|Community & Extended Services||Mrs. Pat Ireland|
|Health & Safety||Mr. Michael Denning|
|Governors Forum||Mr. Phillip Ingham|
|Art/DT||Mrs. Jackie Anders|
|Pupil Premium/Disadvantage||Mr. Anthony Tucker, Mrs.Pat Ireland|
|SMSC Link Governor||Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|Young Carers||Mr. Anthony Tucker|
|Equality Governor||Mr. Phillip Ingham|
|MFL||Miss. Julia Hamlin|
|Full Name||Relevant Business and Pecuniary Interest||Governance Role in other Educational Institutions||Any material interests arising from relationships between Governors and School Staff|
|Catherine Ireland||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Pat Ireland||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Anthony Tucker||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Martin Cox||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Rev. Dozie Moneme||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Michael Denning||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Julia Hamlin||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Sarah Kelly||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Karen Hamilton||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Phillip Ingham||Provides Human Resource Services on behalf of the LA||None declared||None declared|
|Joanne Murphy||None declared||None declared||None declared|
|Jackie Anders||Husband employed by school as Minibus Driver||None declared||None declared|
|Louise McCallion||None declared||None declared||None declared|
- Staff Appointments Committee
- Performance Review Panel
- Dismissal / Appeals Committee
- Pupil Discipline and Pupil Exclusion Committee
- Complaints Committee
Meet our Governors
- Worked as a teacher at the school for 39 years after qualifying as a teacher at Chester College
- Worked with 5 different headteachers
- Eventually became assistant head then deputy head before retiring form teaching
- Became a governor after retirement “You can`t work at the school for 39 years and not be interested in its future”
- Attained National Certification in teaching of SRE “I have rarely seen such a uniformly excellent portfolio”, National Assessor
- Interested in school sports especially Rugby League
- Secretary of North West Counties Schools Rugby League
- Twice refereed French Cadets v English Schoolboys U-16 RL Internationals
- Refereed Schools Wembley Curtain-raiser
- Became Rugby Football Referee scoring 98% in qualification exam
- Interests since retirement include theatre, books and being a governor at Thatto Heath School
I have been a teacher at Thatto Heath Primary School for 12 years, but prior to my teaching post, I worked here as a classroom assistant for a year before completing my PCGE. I have recently been appointed as a Specialist Leader in Education for our teaching school alliance and currently lead Year 4. I am a middle leader with responsibility for more able pupils, Computing Science and E-Safety. I have completed the CEOP ambassador training for E-Safety and am able to train staff, parents, governors and children on E-Safety in our community. I have a keen interest in technology and its use within the classroom I have been a school governor for ten years now and have enjoyed seeing the impact of the governing body on everyday life within school.
- Born in Rainhill.
- Chairman Of Thatto Heath Crusaders for over 15 years.
- Chairman of The Steve Prescott Foundation since inception.
- St Helens Business owner for over 25 years with interests in property development, sales and management locally and across the North West.
- Rugby League fanatic.
I have a close link with the people of Thatto Heath and am very proud to chair the Rugby Club which is a focal point for the community and has been honoured by the Queen with an Award for Volunteer Services
- I grew up and still live in the local area.
- My children attend Thatto Heath Community Primary School, currently in preschool and year 1.
- I am an active member of the PTFA, I have been a member for the past 2 years and I have recently been appointed as treasurer.
- I have worked in the NHS for the majority of my career.
- I have also worked in other areas across the health and social care sector.
- I feel passionate about our children’s education, but also their welfare.
- I want to help support the school to achieve their future goals and visions, I believe this is everyone’s school as it is in the heart of our community and together we can all help shape it for a better future for our children and future generations to come.
Thatto Heath Community Primary School
© 2020 Thatto Heath Community Primary School