At our school we aim to:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to be persistent even when faced with challenges
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- help children to develop a ‘Growth Mindset’
We offer different levels of support
- Universal Support– To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
- Additional support– For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
- Targeted support– For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing groups, learning mentor sessions or referral to wider professionals.
Lead staff members:
Mrs Catherine Ireland – Headteacher
Mrs Louise McCallion – Deputy Headteacher
Mrs Donna Lynch – Learning Mentor
Should you need any help or advice regarding issues around mental health and well-being please do not hesitate to contact us at school.
Mental Health & Well-Being Policy
Mental Health & Well-Being Action Plan
Thatto Heath Community Primary School
© 2017 Thatto Heath Community Primary School