After School Club
After School Club
After School Club Information
- Opening Hours
- The After School Club will operate between the hours of 3.20 pm (at the end of a normal school day) and 5:45 pm each week day school afternoon during term time.
- Access to the club is via the Year 6 entrance, using the bell.
- The club is inspected by Ofsted as part of any school inspections which take place and is run under regulations for children on the register at Thatto Heath Community Primary School only in a designated area of the school, utilising school facilities and within the school grounds.
- Booking Sessions
- Parents may book any combination of sessions and these will be charged :
After School Club Charges
|From end of school day||
|From end of extra cucrricular session||
|Penalty Fees||Penalty Fees – £5 for every 5 minutes of lateness (after 5:45 pm). We must stress that the school and grounds are closed promptly so children MUST be collected by 5:45 pm.|
- Parents who require regular after school sessions should book these in advance of each half term period on the Block Booking After School Club booking form.
- Parents who require places for the following week should book these sessions on the Weekly After School Club booking form.
- Any subsequent changes to sessions must be notified in advance and by the Wednesday of the preceding week at the latest.
- Parents with emergency requests or where the relevant notice cannot be given should contact the club on 01744 678710 or the specified mobile number only – 07926053409 between 3:30 – 5:45 pm
- Any emergency requests or requests to vary pre-booked sessions will be considered by the staff and places offered if possible, taking into account staffing levels and number of pre-booked children for the session in question.
- We will not collect children who have not been registered with us for various legal reasons.
- If there are no places children will go on a waiting list.
- Collection/Delivery of Children
- Any child(ren) booked into session at After School Club will be collected from class by club staff.
- All children should be collected from the club by 5:45 pm. If parents are not able to do so, they must contact staff at the club on the club mobile number to inform them of their expected time of arrival. The current fee for collection after 5:45 pm is £5.00 for every 5 minutes. This is necessary as staff are only paid until 5:45 pm and additional staffing charges will be incurred.
- Parents should indicate on the registration form any adults (i.e. over 18 years of age) authorised to collect their child(ren).
- No child is allowed to leave the club alone.
- Any change in the person collecting the child(ren) from those declared on the registration form must be notified to staff in writing, or by telephone to the club on the day of collection, before the child will be released to that person.
- Parents are required to complete a registration form prior to the child(ren) attending and each academic year thereafter. Any change in details should be notified to the club in addition to the school, as families may have different arrangements in place outside of the school day. Information must be kept up to date at all times.
- Children attending any of the club session are expected to adhere to school rules and expected standards of behaviour. Any misbehaviour will be reported to parents and managed in accordance with school policies.
- In the event of serious or recurrent misbehaviour school reserves the right to withdraw the place at the club.
- Once a session has been booked the child(ren) will be expected to attend.
- If the child(ren) is unwell the school office should be asked to inform the club that the child(ren) will not be attending due to illness.
- If parents do not wish to use the place they have pre-booked, they should inform the club manager as soon as possible on 01744 678710 or the club mobile number between 3:30 – 5:45 p.m. If less than 48 hours’ notice is provided, the session will still be charged for.
- The children will be provided with a range of indoor and outdoor activities which will vary on a daily basis.
- Payment of Fees
- Payment of fees is due for all booked sessions and must be paid in advance.
- In the case of an emergency booking payment should be made when collecting the child(ren)
- Payments can be made by cash or cheque made payable to St Helens Council.
- All payments must be in an envelope labelled with the child’s name, ‘Club’, the amount tendered and the date.
- All payments for clubs must be made directly to the club staff and not the school office.
- Current fees including appropriate food and drink are snacks such as sandwiches and fruit.
- Fees will be charged in the event that the child(ren) fail to attend a pre-booked session because they are on holiday or otherwise absent and the club has not been notified by the previous Wednesday.
- In the event that an account runs into significant arrears, parents will be notified and asked to make a payment. If the account is not settled immediately, we reserve the right to withdraw the place.
- Fees will be reviewed annually
- Fees will not be charged if the club is closed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances stopping the school from opening.
- Concerns or Complaints
- In the event that a parent has a concern or complaint about the club or facilities offered, they should raise this in the first instance with the manager/staff on duty to attempt to rectify the problem
- If the issue is not resolved, then it should be raised with the Head Teacher under school complaints procedures which is available on request.
- This Policy will need to be read in conjunction with: Behaviour Policy; Inclusion Policy; Medicines in School; Photographs; Equal Opportunities; Health & Safety; Lost Child; Whistle Blowing Policy; Confidentiality Policy, Safeguarding Policy; Food Policy; Anti Bullying and Allegation against a member of staff.
Thatto Heath Community Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs. Catherine Ireland
Main Contact: Mrs. Lisa Coates
SENDCO: Mrs. Louise McCallion
T: 01744 678710
© 2017 Thatto Heath Community Primary School